Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sen. Clinton not going anywhere

Campaigning in Sheperdstown, West Virginia, on Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Hillary Clinton said she's not going anywhere.

"I'm staying in this race until there's a nominee," said Clinton. "I obviously am going to work as hard as I can to become that nominee. That is what I've done. That is what I'm going to continue to do. I believe that I'm a stronger candidate and I believe I will be a better president."

On a split within the Democratic party - "We traditionally have gone longer than you've seen in the last couple of cycles, and there isn't any problem closing ranks and unifying."

Is the process putting the Democrats at a disadvantage? - "What matters is what strength you have going into the general election. Look, if we had the rules the Republicans had, I'd already be the nominee. If they had our rules, they'd still be fighting it out. Republicans look from the general election backwards. 'How do we get to 270 electoral votes.' We have a much more complicated process, and we're toward the end of it."

Why 'big states' are her strategy - "If you look at what I've won - Texas to Ohio to Pennsylvania to Indiana - certainly 3 out of those 4 are states we have to win, and I intend to do that."

No comments: